CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS !!!
Enough about me, I want to hear from other ex-veg folks! I have engaged in some exciting and lively conversations with many past and current vegans and vegetarians, and always leave feeling inspired. So inspired that I'm devoting an entire section of my book to entries by other ex-veg people. I may want to follow up with a few people, so please be sure to include your name and contact info. Please forward to anyone you think would like to be a part of this project.
I am interested in getting a wide range of opinions and experiences, so there are only a few guidelines:
* 500-2500 words
* You must have been vegetarian or vegan for at least 3 years. Sorry, pesca-veg doesn't count.
* Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org, deadline is Sept 1st.
- When and why did you become vegetarian/vegan? To piss off your parents? Impress a girl? PETA pamphlets?
- When and why did you start eating meat? How do you now feel about your relationship to the animals you eat?
- After years of getting stuck with iceberg lettuce "salad" at restaurants while your omnivore friends ate, those times when even the fries weren't safe, and searching ingredient lists for casein, how has this change in diet affected your lifestyle?
- Where do you live? How has your location affected your meat consumption?
- Your favorite meat-centered recipe